- Providing portable laptop computers and DVD players for patient families
- Support the B.E.A.D.S. Storytelling program for patients which are earned like military medals or scout badges
- Providing therapeutic interactive games which promote physical and emotional rehabilitation
- Providing books and movies for the unit’s library
- Hosting seasonal social events such as ice cream socials or holiday parties in the resource room to create a sense of community
- Providing child life supplies such as crafts and activities
- Editing and contributing to the ‘Faces of Hope’ book (stories and portraits of childhood cancer patients published by Childrens Hospital Boston) which is distributed to newly diagnosed pediatric cancer families
With the contributions of many sponsors, we are undertaking childlife projects at Children’s Hospital Boston and Dana Farber’s Jimmy Fund Clinic where Jessie was also a patient for 6 years. They treat about 2,00 children and teens annually. We have also provide limited service to patients at Mass General Hospital and other medical institutions such as Shriner’s Hospital, especially when we are connected directly with families needing support.
Note: Check out the Resource page for many other suggestions on how to help children and families living with cancer or life-limiting illnesses.